I didn't remember to take any pictures, but I did come home with a souvenir, of sorts.
My current system involves five "buckets"
- a plastic tub for stuff that makes it to the second round
- a trash bag (two have already gone outside, including magnetic photo albums and someone's empty used envelop collection)
- a bag of unrelated books and magazines to sell (anyone want an Oct 1953 copy of Motion Picture Magazine? They're going on eBay for $10!)
- a bag of things that might be good resources for the library, like yearbooks
- and a bag of things I don't think we should keep, but which aren't indisputably trash (like a dozen photos of someone's new puppy.)
My tentative goal is to trim it to the autobiography, a binder of interesting photos, and a binder of genealogically useful things like birth certificates.
Has anyone out there done this? Any suggestions?
Also, if there are any relatives of Ethel who want some of this stuff, either physically or digitally, email me. Please!