I didn't remember to take any pictures, but I did come home with a souvenir, of sorts.
My current system involves five "buckets"
- a plastic tub for stuff that makes it to the second round
- a trash bag (two have already gone outside, including magnetic photo albums and someone's empty used envelop collection)
- a bag of unrelated books and magazines to sell (anyone want an Oct 1953 copy of Motion Picture Magazine? They're going on eBay for $10!)
- a bag of things that might be good resources for the library, like yearbooks
- and a bag of things I don't think we should keep, but which aren't indisputably trash (like a dozen photos of someone's new puppy.)