Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Amy Coffin's Genealogy Blogging Book


I ordered Amy Coffin's new ebook The Big Genealogy Blog Book and read it in a morning. Love it!

This is a book with a very tight focus -- writing genealogy blogs.  I liked the ideas for quality control; it's amazing how often the simplest things get overlooked by even long-time bloggers.  Anyone who has been around the genealogy blog world will recognize the "52 weeks" lists, and it's convenient to have them all in one place.  A society that followed the suggestions for a society blog would have a winner, and i expect the same would be true for the tips for genealogy professionals.

This book shows off one of the true virtues of the digital book movement -- it's only as long as it needs to be, and is priced accordingly.  Very nicely done!

Now I just need to implement some of her clever ideas...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the book review! I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. Google Alerts aren't doing their job!

    I'm glad you enjoyed the book and appreciated the price. I've received feedback that it's priced too low (really), but I wanted it to be accessible and affordable to all.

    ReplyDelete