1) I tried to get on the NARA site on Monday and failed.
2) Once Kansas was posted on FamilySearch.org, I found 4 grandparents, 3 great-grandparents, 2 aunts and some assorted cousins in the first ED I looked in, even though there were a couple of candidate EDs.
3) I'm going to wait until the indexing is done to look for my Ohio folks. I don't know the area well enough to figure out EDs.
4) Instead, I've been indexing. It's very relaxing.
5) For some reason, I had a flash back to the release of the 1930 census. Outside the genealogy room at the library there was a map of Kansas with the counties marked... the genealogy society was trying to raise money to buy microfilm and were asking people to sponsor individual counties. I don't remember how long it took to raise the money for all the films, but it seems like it took most of the summer. How times have changed!